Logistics Manager Job Description Template
If a drive for efficiency and a desire for challenges is your thing then we have a job for you. We are looking for an experienced logistics manager. This is a critical role and comes with a lot of challenges and responsibilities.
You will be be responsible for sourcing, budgeting, warehousing and distribution of raw materials, resources and finished products. You will co-ordinate with various departments to ensure everyone gets everything on time. An aptitude for organization, meticulous planning and the ability to multi-task are essential for this role.
- Supervise planning, production and distribution schedules
- Co-ordinate with other departments to improve logistics processes and reduce inefficiencies
- Monitor inventory, shipments and distribution channels
- Review existing processes and protocols and implement corrective measures where needed
- Develop and implement processes for continuous improvement
- Ensure cost-effective procurement and supply of raw materials
- Maintain sufficient inventory of raw materials and finished goods
- Carry out other management responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production or logistics
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Experience with inventory and production control methods and best practices
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and manage large teams
- Extensive experience with ERP systems like SAP
- Ability to operate with transparency and a high level of accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.