Logistics Manager Job Description Template
Get started with this Logistics Manager Job Description Template, customize it, and post it to the jobs boards you want. Hiring for more jobs? Try out enlist.
If a drive for efficiency and a desire for challenges is your thing then we have a job for you. We are looking for an experienced logistics manager. This is a critical role and comes with a lot of challenges and responsibilities.
You will be be responsible for sourcing, budgeting, warehousing and distribution of raw materials, resources and finished products. You will co-ordinate with various departments to ensure everyone gets everything on time. An aptitude for organization, meticulous planning and the ability to multi-task are essential for this role.
- Supervise planning, production and distribution schedules
- Co-ordinate with other departments to improve logistics processes and reduce inefficiencies
- Monitor inventory, shipments and distribution channels
- Review existing processes and protocols and implement corrective measures where needed
- Develop and implement processes for continuous improvement
- Ensure cost-effective procurement and supply of raw materials
- Maintain sufficient inventory of raw materials and finished goods
- Carry out other management responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production or logistics
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Experience with inventory and production control methods and best practices
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and manage large teams
- Extensive experience with ERP systems like SAP
- Ability to operate with transparency and a high level of accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.