Paralegal Job Description Template
Get started with this Paralegal Job Description Template, customize it, and post it to the jobs boards you want. Hiring for more jobs? Try out enlist.
We have an open position for a paralegal in our legal team. If you want a fast-paced, demanding and highly rewarding career, this is the job for you. As a paralegal you will be assisting our lawyers in the performance of their duties. Some experience with general legal matters, corporate or criminal law is a must for this job. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also a must to qualify for this job.
- Research case law, statutes, published articles and summarize findings
- Draft, review and revise contracts, cease and desist letters etc.
- Provide assistance with contract administration, coordinate approvals and get documents notarized
- Prepare reports and assist with the tracking of legal projects
- Coordinate meetings and prepare briefs and other presentations
- Assist with litigation, conduct interviews, analyze data and complete response to discovery requests
- Manage and administer the legal docket system
- Proof-read documents for errors in format, spelling and grammar
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in legal studies from an accredited institution
- 2 or more years of experience as a paralegal or paralegal certification
- Detail oriented with very good research skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Some experience in drafting and reviewing contracts
- Some familiarity with case management systems (CaseTrack, Onit)
- Litigation discovery experience will be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication