Game Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for prolific gamers who also happen to be talented programmers. As a game developer you will not be just another programmer, you will also be an artist. Your ability to craft code will rival your ability to design and breathe life into an experience. Your work will provide entertainment and influence hundreds and thousands of gamers across the world.
You will be involved with conception, design, and realization of various games. An eye for detail and an obsession for clean, manageable code is a must. You will be working in large teams and you must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Modify, maintain and document existing code
- Work with designers, artists, and sound engineers to integrate their work with
- Prototype and test various implementations
- Translate ideas and storyboards into working code
- Create tests and validation processes
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones
- Create and maintain documentation
- Minimum 2 years of experience and a degree in computer science
- Expertise in one or more domains such as AI, game physics, rendering or networking
- In depth knowledge of the basics of game engines like Unity, Unreal engine and related libraries.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development and object oriented development paradigms
- Knowledge of revision control systems like git
- Familiarity with design patterns and best practices