DevOps Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our development team. If things like continuous integration/deployment, automation, agile development etc. gets your gears grinding, this is a job for you. You will be working with a passionate and talented bunch of software developers; you will be facing exciting and unique challenges and you will strive to find equally unique and efficient solutions. To qualify for this job you must have a firm grasp of linux/unix server systems, automation and deployment tools, software development processes and database systems.
- Design, test and implement continuous integration and deployment pipelines using GitLab CI, Jenkins etc.
- Design and develop automation and testing tools across the entire development stack
- Build and maintain automation frameworks
- Perform security, performance and availability assessments
- Optimize system performance, availability and scalability
- Troubleshoot source code management and deployment issues
- Install, configure and maintain Windows and Linux server software
- Create and maintain documentation on configuration, troubleshooting, design etc.
- Perform security audits and assist with hardening servers and systems against attacks
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or a related field
- Previous experience with server configuration and maintenance
- Extensive knowledge and experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies and tools
- Knowledge of automation frameworks like Chef, Puppet and Fabric
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows server environments
- Knowledge of database systems and security
- Programming and development experience in Python, C# etc.
- Familiarity with agile development process and best practices
- Some experience with security frameworks like NIST, FIPS preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team