Data Scientist Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our data analytics team. You will be responsible for developing predictive models, conducting statistical analysis and assisting with other research projects. You will be working on challenging problems, developing new processes and refining existing ones. As a data scientist you must be experienced with industry standard data mining, processing and modeling tools.
- Develop data mining and analysis techniques
- Design experiments and mine empirical data to gather insights
- Help drive product decisions using data
- Develop predictive models for resource allocation, demand, supply etc.
- Define data structure and core metrics for data modeling
- Assist with the setting up of data collection and analysis pipeline
- Develop and maintain custom data analysis software tools
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Post graduate degree in Maths or Statistics
- Previous experience in data analysis or a related field
- Hands on experience with statistical software packages like SAS, hadoop, graph etc.
- Excellent knowledge of R, Python and SQL
- Knowledge of MS excel and reporting tools is also preferred
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Some data visualization and UX skills will score you additional points