3D Modeler Job Description Template
We have an open position for a 3D modeler. As a 3D modeler you will be responsible for creating virtual worlds and characters. You will be breathing life into sketches and concept art. You will be working in a team with lots of other talented artists, engineers and programmers. You must be well versed with industry standard 3D modeling programs and tools. Good spatial skills and a well honed sense of color and design will help you succeed in this job.
- Create and manage digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environment and props
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models and characters based on feedback from team members
- Create textures and UV maps
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Rig models and characters for animation
- Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects on time
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush etc.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning etc.
- Some familiarity with animation techniques
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in 3D design and modeling
- Technical diploma in 3D modeling or a degree in fine arts
- Some scripting experience will be an added bonus